Latest news & updates
Early Years Training for March 2020
Published on 12th February 2020
Our latest Training Directory for March 2020 has now been published...
We are pleased to announce a new system for booking all your Early Years Training online using a GCC Plus account, which some of you may already be familiar with. Once you have set up your login you will be able to book training courses straightaway for courses running from 1st March onwards.
(For courses in February please use the old booking form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org)
A training directory will still be produced on a termly basis and this will be available here on our GCC EY Training webpage.
Please visit our GCC EY Training webpage to view our latest Training Directory.
Gloucestershire Childcare Sufficiency Assessment Summary for 2019
Published on 20th November 2019
The Gloucestershire Childcare Sufficiency Assessment Summary report for 2019 has now been published...
Please click here to access the report, or download a copy in the Downloads section.
Healthy Start Program by the Public Health Commissioning
Published on 19th June 2019
What is Healthy Start? With Healthy Start, you get free voucher every week to spend on milk, plain fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables, and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins...
Paediatric First Aid reimbursement
We are pleased to announce that reimbursement to practitioners completing their Paediatric First Aid training will continue for the year April 2019 to March 2020...
Gloucestershire Local Authority will make a funding contribution towards the cost of paediatric First Aid training for childminders and settings, not schools or home carers. On completion of an appropriate EYFS compliant training settings may apply for payment of up to £60.00 per practitioner up to a maximum of 3 practitioners per setting per financial year (1 April to 31 March).
To receive the funding contribution childminders and practitioners should email a scanned copy of their certificate which must be from a company providing EYFS compliant training together with a receipt for payment.
For further details please visit our Paediatric First Aid Training webpage.
Nursery Funding Portal workshops
Published on 12th July 2018
Designed to help you use the Portal more efficiently, these workshops are a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and network with other childcare providers in the county and the Nursery Funding team...
The focus will be on:
- Entering accurate data onto the Provider Portal to claim nursery funding
- Entering eligibility codes for 30 hours funding and using the reports to check dates of eligibility
- How to stretch, apportion and amend funding claims
- Understanding how to overcome barriers to claim the 30 hours funding
- Recognising how they can work in partnership with other providers to claim the entitlement
- Providers will be able to share their experiences of delivering the offer, both positive and challenging.
Please visit our GCC EY Training webpage for more details and to book your place.
Early Years Service Request Form
Published September 2018
Following the changes to the Early Years Service we have been revising and streamlining some of our processes...
Please click here to visit our Early Years SEND webpage to download the new Early Years Referral form which should now be used by all practitioners for all referrals, whether for whole setting support or for support for individual children. Please delete all previous forms and use just this one for all your Early Years referrals. We suggest you download the form from the Early Years SEND webpage, for each referral rather than saving this form to ensure you always use the most up to date version.
Please also note our new generic email address (email@example.com), which should be used for all referral forms and for all other Early Years enquiries. This email address replaces all previous email addresses.
We hope you will find the form simple to use and easy to navigate; however we would welcome any feedback or suggestions. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Graduated Pathway
The developed Graduated Pathway of Early Help and Support and supporting tools for all children with additional needs, is now live...
All information about the Graduated Pathway including the tools, templates and guidance can be found on the Glosfamilies Directory.
To support use of the pathway, we want to let you know of some arrangements in place:
- A new Information for Practitioners section on the Glosfamilies Directory has also gone live providing a centralised point of reference for professionals. Practitioners have the option to register with Glosfamilies Directory, enabling them to access additional information that is hidden from public view. To do this, please follow the instructions here
- The Awareness sessions for practitioners are booking up fast. If you have not already booked a place, please see here
- We have also developed a range of Early Help training modules which can be found here
- We have developed a 'Notification template' for partners to record support they are providing to children to bring together all activity being provided to specific children and their families. Further information can be found here
The SENCOSPOT website will remain and where appropriate link to the Glosfamilies Directory. The Early Help webpage has been updated and references to the Glosfamilies Directory for all information on the graduated pathway.
We would like to say a huge thank you again for your contribution in developing this pathway. We will continue to provide regular updates to developments to the Graduated Pathway.
If you have any queries about the graduated pathway or supporting tools, please contact email@example.com.