Latest news & updates
Nursery Funding Portal workshops
Published on 12th July 2018
Designed to help you use the Portal more efficiently, these workshops are a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and network with other childcare providers in the county and the Nursery Funding team...
The focus will be on:
- Entering accurate data onto the Provider Portal to claim nursery funding
- Entering eligibility codes for 30 hours funding and using the reports to check dates of eligibility
- How to stretch, apportion and amend funding claims
- Understanding how to overcome barriers to claim the 30 hours funding
- Recognising how they can work in partnership with other providers to claim the entitlement
- Providers will be able to share their experiences of delivering the offer, both positive and challenging.
Please visit our GCC EY Training webpage for more details and to book your place.
Early Years Service Request Form
Published September 2018
Following the changes to the Early Years Service we have been revising and streamlining some of our processes...
Please click here to visit our Early Years SEND webpage to download the new Early Years Referral form which should now be used by all practitioners for all referrals, whether for whole setting support or for support for individual children. Please delete all previous forms and use just this one for all your Early Years referrals. We suggest you download the form from the Early Years SEND webpage, for each referral rather than saving this form to ensure you always use the most up to date version.
Please also note our new generic email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), which should be used for all referral forms and for all other Early Years enquiries. This email address replaces all previous email addresses.
We hope you will find the form simple to use and easy to navigate; however we would welcome any feedback or suggestions. Please send your comments to email@example.com
Amended version of the Local Provider Agreement 2018 to 2019
Published on 18th April 2018
This is for your information only. If you have already signed the Agreement for April 2018 - YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SIGN THE AGREEMENT AGAIN...
Please note this is for information only. If you have already signed the Agreement for April 2018 - YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SIGN THE AGREEMENT AGAIN
Gloucestershire County Council produced the annual Local Provider Agreement 2018/19 in January 2018, ready for childcare providers to be able to access the early years funding from April 2018. However, there are some changes which we have been advised of by the Department for Education, and these changes are highlighted below.
4.1.3 Bullet point 4 - Universal Credit - Additional information provided
12.5 Additional Charges - Additional information provided
12.7 Top-up Fees - Additional information provided
13.1.2 Payments - New information
13.1.2 becomes 13.1.3 - No change of information
13.1.3 becomes 13.1.4 - No change of information
13.1.4 becomes 13.1.5 - No change of information
13.1.5 becomes 13.1.6 - No change of information
13.1.6 becomes 13.1.7 - No change of information
13.1.7 becomes 13.1.8 - No change of information
Should you have any queries regarding any of the above please contact Sarah Spencer, Early Years Market Management/Business Lead by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to announce the launch of the new Early Years Business Support team
Published on 12th April 2018
We have developed a generic business support email which can be used by all Gloucestershire Early Years providers requiring business support...
The support provided within the team can include:
- Access to Gloucestershire business tools, factsheets, case studies, templates and training
- Signposting to external sources for advice and support
- Face to face training sessions
- One to one support.
We are keen to develop resources that will suit your needs so please do let us know of any ideas/information you would like to see in the near future via the business support email: email@example.com
We will be launching a Business Newsletter which will be following under separate cover. We intend to make this a bi-monthly publication with alerts being sent in between with any important updates. We would value your contribution to this newsletter and would welcome requests of business matters you would like to be included. We will be monitoring requests of support and collating a FAQ area within the publication.
The 8th Early Years Entitlements Bulletin
The 8th Early Years Entitlements Bulletin for providers is available in the Downloads section...
The Bulletin provides important information for providers who are delivering the extended entitlement (up to 30 hours) including details on communications to parents about applying for 30 hours before the 31 December, reshaping of Education Services and the Gloucestershire Local Provider Agreement 2018-19 and other useful information. Please contact the Family Information Service on 01452 427362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Disability Access Fund (DAF)
The Early Years Service have produced a DAF guide for early years practitioners and parents...
The Disability Access Fund was introduced in April 2017 to ‘enable Early Year’s Providers to anticipate and make reasonable adjustments to their provision and increase the capacity to support disabled children and children with special educational needs’.
Please look to our Downloads section to download a copy of the guidance for early years providers and a parents guide.
The DAF guidance outlines the following:
- Who is eligible?
- How do we identify eligible children?
- How do we access this?
- What can we use the funding for?
- Useful links of resources, information and training for early years practitioners.
The Graduated Pathway
The developed Graduated Pathway of Early Help and Support and supporting tools for all children with additional needs, is now live...
All information about the Graduated Pathway including the tools, templates and guidance can be found on the Glosfamilies Directory.
To support use of the pathway, we want to let you know of some arrangements in place:
- A new Information for Practitioners section on the Glosfamilies Directory has also gone live providing a centralised point of reference for professionals. Practitioners have the option to register with Glosfamilies Directory, enabling them to access additional information that is hidden from public view. To do this, please follow the instructions here
- The Awareness sessions for practitioners are booking up fast. If you have not already booked a place, please see here
- We have also developed a range of Early Help training modules which can be found here
- We have developed a 'Notification template' for partners to record support they are providing to children to bring together all activity being provided to specific children and their families. Further information can be found here
The SENCOSPOT website will remain and where appropriate link to the Glosfamilies Directory. The Early Help webpage has been updated and references to the Glosfamilies Directory for all information on the graduated pathway.
We would like to say a huge thank you again for your contribution in developing this pathway. We will continue to provide regular updates to developments to the Graduated Pathway.
If you have any queries about the graduated pathway or supporting tools, please contact email@example.com.