Transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2020
The online facility for transfer to Secondary School and Middle to High School for September 2020 to respond to your school offer has now closed.
Please note: allocations are being carried out on a weekly basis with notification being sent out by letter each Friday.
You can submit a “late” response or ask to be placed on the waiting list for any school of your choice using the alternative methods below.
To submit a late response, please complete the online secondary reply form.
However, if you are:
- A Gloucestershire resident applying for the first time
- An Out of County applicant requiring a Gloucestershire School (even if you have previously applied but want your child’s name added to a waiting list)
Please complete the “waiting list common application form”.
If you encounter problems with our online reply form or waiting list common application form then please email email@example.com (the email should open with a pre-prepared template or you can open a text version here).
- If you have moved address recently, please inform us and provide proof of the new address. Your address change may affect your child’s place on the school(s) waiting list.
Grammar Test Information:
- The Grammar school test, and late test, have both already been sat. If your child did not sit the test, we cannot place your child’s name on the waiting list for a Grammar school.
- You cannot apply to go on a Grammar schools waiting list if your child has previously taken the test and did not qualify to be considered for a place at that school. You do, however, have the right to appeal.
- May - July 2020 – Appeals (please contact the schools or view their websites for their appeals deadline. All appeal paperwork should be obtained from the school/academy directly)
For Information and guidance regarding Middle to High School transfer please visit the relevant authority’s website.
Transfer to Secondary School September 2021
The application facility for transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2021 will not open until the start of September 2020.
However, please see the ‘related documents’ column for the Secondary School and Academy Information booklet and the Guidance booklet for each school’s policy and advice on the application process.
Please note that if you wish for your child to sit the grammar school test for September 2021 intake, you must register for the test through one of the grammar school’s websites between noon 18th May 2020 and noon 30th June 2020.
Gloucestershire County Council does not administer the grammar school test. Please see the following website has further information: https://www.g7.entrancetest.org.uk/. Otherwise, please direct any queries regarding registering for the test, or about the test itself, to the grammar schools.
Applying for a school place during the school year (in year applications)
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons please go to our in-year admissions page.
We cannot make decisions for you or recommend a particular school but we can guide and advise you about: school admissions policies, facilities, pupil numbers etc. We can also help you fill in the application forms. Contact Co-ordinated Admissions with your enquiry.