Transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2021
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the School Admissions Team have to adapt to working within the strict guidelines set by the government so there will be a reduced team available to answer phone calls. Please try to email us at email@example.com with any queries, and we will reply as soon as possible. Staff will be available to support you during the current lockdown but please be patient with us during these difficult times.
The online offers for transfer to Secondary School and Middle to High School for September 2021 are now available to view on the family portal.
You should also receive an email or letter advising you of your child’s school allocation. If you applied late or using a paper application form, you will be notified by letter.
Please login to your online account to check your allocation and respond to any offer made. https://emsonline.gloucestershire.gov.uk/CitizenPortal/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fCitizenPortal
If you are aware of your child’s allocated school but do not have a family portal account or are having problems accessing your account, please complete the online secondary reply form.
If you are:
- A Gloucestershire resident applying for the first time
- An Out of County applicant requiring a Gloucestershire School (even if you have previously applied but want your child’s name added to a waiting list)
Please complete the Waiting List Common Application Form.
Grammar Test Information
- The Entrance test and the Late Entrance test for the grammar schools have both been sat and therefore if your child has not sat either test, you cannot apply for a grammar school place
Please speak with the grammar school/s of your choice to enquire if there are any options
- If your child has previously taken the test but you did not request the test score to be shared with other schools, you can now do so by listing the school/s on your reply form
- If your child has previously taken the test but did not achieve a qualifying score, you cannot request to be on the waiting list for the grammar school. However, you do have the right to appeal.
To submit an appeal for a grammar school, please contact the school/s directly for their appeal forms
|Monday 1 March 2021||Allocation Day|
|After Monday 29 March 2021||Outcome of waiting list requests|
|Wednesday 7 April 2021||Closing date for the return of reply forms|
|May 2021 to July 2021||Appeals - Please contact the schools directly for their appeals forms. Full details of the appeals timeline can be found on individual school websites|
Transfer to a UTC September 2021
For information and to apply for a place at SGS Berkeley Green UTC please visit their website www.berkeleygreenutc.org.uk.
For information regarding UTC's outside Gloucestershire please visit the websites for these establishments and follow the procedures outlined in their policies.
Applying for a school place during the school year
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons go to our in-year admissions page.