Transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2021
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the School Admissions Team have to adapt to working within the strict guidelines set by the government so there will be a reduced team available to answer phone calls. Please try to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries, and we will reply as soon as possible. Staff will be available to support you during the current lockdown but please be patient with us during these difficult times.
Secondary School allocations for September 2021 entry are now being made on a weekly basis.
If you need to submit a response to your allocated school or wish to submit a request for your child's name to be placed on the waiting list for any school of your choice, please complete the online secondary reply form.
If you are:
- A Gloucestershire resident applying for the first time
- An Out of County applicant requiring a Gloucestershire School (even if you have previously applied but want your child’s name added to a waiting list)
Please complete the Waiting List Common Application Form.
All Gloucestershire secondary schools, except Archway School, administer their own appeals. Please contact the schools directly to enquire about appeals.
Grammar Test Information for September 2021 Intake
- The Entrance test and the Late Entrance test for the grammar schools have both been sat and therefore if your child has not sat either test, you cannot apply for a grammar school place. Please speak with the grammar school/s of your choice to enquire if there are any options
- If your child has previously taken the test but you did not request the test score to be shared with other schools, you can now do so by listing the school/s on your reply form
- If your child has previously taken the test but did not achieve a qualifying score, you cannot request to be on the waiting list for the grammar school. However, you do have the right to appeal. To submit an appeal for a grammar school, please contact the school/s directly for their appeal forms
|Monday 1 March 2021||Allocation Day|
|After Monday 29 March 2021||Outcome of waiting list requests|
|Wednesday 7 April 2021||Closing date for the return of reply forms|
|May 2021 to July 2021||Appeals - Please contact the schools directly for their appeals forms. Full details of the appeals timeline can be found on individual school websites|
Grammar Test Information for September 2022 Intake
The grammar schools have stated that the registration window for the 2022 Admissions Entrance Test will be open 17 May 2021 to 30 June 2021. The schools are planning for the Entrance Test to take place on Saturday 11 September 2021. This date is subject to any government restrictions/advice at the time and communications will be on going with all registered candidates.
Please be advised that the registration for and administration of the Admissions Entrance Test is all carried out by the Gloucestershire grammar schools themselves and therefore any queries in reference to the Entrance Test should be directed to the grammar schools. After the test, every grammar school you have opted to share your child's score with will send you confirmation of whether your child has achieved a qualifying score for that school or not. Again, this is carried out by the Gloucestershire grammar schools and the Co-ordinated Admissions Team does not have access to this information.
It is important to note that obtaining a qualifying rank on the Entrance Test is not an automatic offer of a place in the grammar school(s). Parent/carers must also list the grammar school(s) on their secondary school application form to their home local authority between September 2021 and the closing date of 31 October 2021.
Please note - your child will not be offered a place in a grammar school if it has not been listed on your secondary school application form.
Parents who wish their child to be considered for admission to a grammar school for Years 7-11 should contact the relevant school.
Transfer to a UTC September 2021
For information and to apply for a place at SGS Berkeley Green UTC please visit their website www.berkeleygreenutc.org.uk.
For information regarding UTC's outside Gloucestershire please visit the websites for these establishments and follow the procedures outlined in their policies.
Applying for a school place during the school year
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons go to our in-year admissions page.