Transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2020
The online facility for transfer to Secondary School and Middle to High School for September 2020 to respond to your school offer has now closed.
You can submit a “late” response/application using the alternative methods below but any late waiting list requests will only be considered after all the on-time requests have been administered.
To submit a late response, please complete the online secondary reply form.
However, if you are:
- A Gloucestershire resident applying for the first time
- An Out of County applicant requiring a Gloucestershire School (even if you have previously applied but want your child’s name added to a waiting list)
Please complete the “waiting list common application form”.
If you encounter problems with our online reply form or waiting list common application form then please email firstname.lastname@example.org (the email should open with a pre-prepared template or you can open a text version here).
- If you have moved address since 31st October 2019, please inform us and provide proof of the new address.
- If we are able to offer your child a place from any of the waiting lists, then your original offer will be withdrawn and the new school allocated in its place.
Grammar Test Information:
- If you applied for a Grammar school place and have not previously taken the test, please note the following:-
- You must complete and submit a reply form or waiting list application form to us by midnight 9th March 2020.
- On 13th March 2020, you will be contacted directly by the grammar school, via email, with details of how to apply to register for the grammar school test.
- From 10am Friday 13th March to noon Sunday 16th March 2020, the grammar test online registration form will be open. It is important that you register between these dates as if you do not register your child will not be able to sit the test.
- Thursday 19th March 2020 is the late test date. Information regarding this will be sent to you directly from the schools.
- If your child has previously taken the test but you did not request the test score to be shared with other schools, you can now do so by completing and adding the school/s to the reply form.
- You cannot apply to go on a Grammar schools waiting list if your child has previously taken the test and did not qualify to be considered for a place at that school. You do, however, have the right to appeal.
- Monday 2nd March 2020 - Allocation Day
- Midnight Monday 9th March 2020 - Closing date to return reply form accepting the school/academy place allocated or requesting to go on waiting list
- After Monday 30th March 2020 - Letters sent out advising outcome of waiting list request.
- Friday 3rd April 2020 - Closing date for return of reply forms
- May - July 2020 – Appeals (Please contact the schools/academy directly for their appeals forms. Appeals submitted by 3rd April 2020 will be heard by 26th June 2020. Full details of the appeals timeline can be found on individual school/academy websites).
For Information and guidance regarding Middle to High School transfer please visit the relevant authority’s website.
Transfer to a UTC September 2020
For information and to apply for a place at SGS Berkeley Green UTC please visit their website www.berkeleygreenutc.org.uk.
For information regarding UTC's outside Gloucestershire please visit the websites for these establishments and follow the procedures outlined in their policies. If you need to apply to your own local authority please contact Co-ordinated Admissions for the relevant form.
Applying for a school place during the school year (in year applications)
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons please go to our in-year admissions page.
We cannot make decisions for you or recommend a particular school but we can guide and advise you about: school admissions policies, facilities, pupil numbers etc. We can also help you fill in the application forms. Contact Co-ordinated Admissions with your enquiry.