Transfer to Secondary School or from Middle to High School September 2019
The online facility for transfer to Secondary School and Middle to High School for September 2019 to apply for places and respond to your offers has now closed.
You are able to submit a “late” response/application using the alternative methods below but any late waiting list requests will be considered after all the on-time applications have been administered.
However, if you are:
- A Gloucestershire resident applying for the first time
- An Out of County applicant requiring a Gloucestershire School. (even if you have previously applied but want your child’s name added to a waiting list)
Please complete the “waiting list common application form” available as a download in the “related documents” column.
If you encounter problems with our online reply form or waiting list common application form then please email email@example.com (the email should open with a pre-prepared template or you can open a text version here).
- If you have moved address since 31st October 2018, please inform us and provide proof of the new address.
- If we are able to offer your child a place from any of the waiting lists, then your original offer will be withdrawn and the new school allocated in its place.
Grammar Test Information
- If you are applied for a Grammar school place and have not previously taken the test, please note the following:-
- On 12th March 2019, you will be contacted direct from the grammar school, via email, with details of how to apply to register for the grammar school test.
- From noon Tuesday 12th March to noon Thursday 14th March 2019, the grammar test online registration form will be open. It is important that you register between these dates as if you do not register your child will not be able to sit the test.
- Monday 18th March 2019 is the late test date. Information regarding this will be sent to you directly from the schools.
- If your child has previously taken the test but you did not request the test score to be shared with other schools, you can now do so by completing and adding the school/s to the reply form.
- You cannot apply to go on a Grammar schools waiting list if your child has previously taken the test and did not qualify to be considered for a place at that school. You do, however, have the right to appeal.
Friday 1st March 2019
After Friday 29th March 2019
Outcome of waiting list requests
By Midnight Friday 5th April 2019
Closing date for return of reply forms
May 2019 to July 2019
For Information and guidance regarding Middle to High School transfer please visit the relevant authority’s website..
Transfer to a University Technical College (UTC) September 2019
For information and to apply for a place at SGS Berkeley Green UTC please visit their website www.berkeleygreenutc.org.uk.
For information regarding UTC's outside Gloucestershire please visit the websites for these establishments and follow the procedures outlined in their policies. If you need to apply to your own local authority please contact Co-ordinated Admissions for the relevant form.
Applying for a school place during the school year (in-year applications)
To apply for a school place if you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons go to our in-year admissions page.
We cannot make decisions for you or recommend a particular school but we can guide and advise you about: school admissions policies, facilities, pupil numbers etc. We can also help you fill in the application forms. Contact Co-ordinated Admissions with your enquiry.