Next training session: 23 May 2019 - 9.30am to 4pm
Emotion Coaching has been found to help children regulate, improve and take ownership of their behaviour as well as better understand their emotions. It can also help practitioners to be more sensitive to the needs of children, create more consistent 'responses' to behaviour, feel more 'in control' during incidents, and promotes positive relationships between adults and children.
Where: 4-6 Commercial Road Gloucester GL1 2AE
Who is the course for? Heads of Year, SENCos, Teachers, Learning Mentors, Pastoral Staff, EPs and other professionals in education and social care.
- Awareness of the theoretical basis for Emotion Coaching
- Understanding of different emotional styles relevant to Emotion Coaching
- Understanding and experience of the techniques involved in Emotion Coaching
- Have the skills to respond more sensitively and consistently to behaviours
- Reduce frequency of 'problem' behaviours in school