Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) Programme in Gloucestershire
Schools with accredited ELSAs
The ELSA title can only be used by people who meet three criteria:
- Have attended a full ELSA training course - in Gloucestershire our training course is 7 days
- Regularly attend supervision in small groups - a minimum of four supervision sessions a year
- Currently delivering bespoke support to individual and small groups
Supervision of ELSAs
As ELSAs work with some of the most vulnerable children and young people in schools, it is essential for their professional practice and safety that they continue to receive professional supervision from an educational psychologist.
We keep a record of attendance for supervision sessions and the schools listed below currently employ ELSAs that meet the above requirements, including attending a minimum of four supervision sessions across an academic year.
ELSAs and their schools will need to ensure that they subscribe to the ELSA Supervision package with the Educational Psychology Service. This is currently £200 for 6x2 hour supervision sessions across the academic year.
Updated in August 2021
Next update in August 2022
Schools in the 2021-22 Academic year with ELSAs
These lists reflect the EP service supervision groups. If you believe there is a mistake or your school is missing from this list, please contact us.
- Alderman Knight
- Queen Margaret
- Charlton Kings Infants
- Prestbury St. Mary's
- The John Moore
- The Castle School (South Gloucestershire)
- Hatherop Castle
- Gloucester and Forest Alternative Provision School
- Highnam Academy
- The Milestone
Forest of Dean schools (based on supervision groups)