To subscribe to the Educational Psychology Service (EPS), you will need to visit Business Support Services
All schools and colleges, including academies and other non-maintained schools, can commission EP services directly in order to meet the specific needs, requirements and priorities of each educational establishment.
The EPS can be accessed through an annual subscription. Purchased time should include time required for planning, report writing and feedback. Educational Psychologists’ time can be used for a broad range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Consultation and joint problem solving with children, young people, families, school staff and other professionals.
- Contribution to planning and progress Review Meetings (including Annual Reviews).
- Assessment of children and young people’s learning, social and emotional needs.
- Project work around school or cluster development needs to enhance the local offer.
- Direct work with parents, including consultation and parent training programmes.
- Contribution to the development of school policies and the facilitation of inclusive practice.
- Development and delivery of project work at both local and county level.
- Supervision to teachers and other professionals (individual and group).
- Training to build staff capacity to support vulnerable children and young people.
- Whole school development work.
- Direct therapeutic support work with children and families.
You can read more about why you might use Gloucestershire Educational Psychology Service.
EPS Recommended Subscriptions - 2021 to 2022
Schools are recommended to purchase a set number of sessions according to their size
|Small Primary Schools (up to 100 on roll)||3 sessions per year|
|Medium sized Primary Schools (up to 220 on roll)||6 sessions per year|
|Large Primary Schools (over 220 on roll)||9 sessions per year|
|Secondary Schools||12 sessions per year|
Special Schools and APS who may require larger packages of EP time should discuss this with the Area Senior Educational Psychologist.
Buy in Window
Schools will have a single buy in window to ensure EP sessions can be delivered and work allocated fairly.
- All schools will be able to buy within the set window in the summer term for the following academic year.
- If schools choose to buy after this time it will be in negotiation with the Area SEP and EP.
- Schools who purchase outside the window may be charged at a higher rater.
Fees are set in line with comparable local services and take account of the costs of running a Local Authority Educational Psychology Service.
- Recommended subscriptions will be charged £280 per session
- All other sessional time is charged £320 per session
All schools can request additional sessions in discussion with their Area Senior Educational Psychologist and Educational Psychologist.