Skip to content

Educational support

There are different levels of support provided to children and young people with additional needs. This is known as the Graduated Pathway. Below you will find a brief outline of the different stages of the pathway but you can find some more detailed information on how to access this support here.

Contact: Family Information Service
Tel: 01452 427 362

My Plan

If your child has additional needs professionals working with them may suggest putting a MyPlan in place.  This plan will detail your child’s needs and how they are going to be met. Goals and actions will be included in the plan and there will be regular meetings to discuss your child’s progress.

My Plan+

If your child’s needs are more complex professionals may recommend an assessment and a MyPlan+. This is usually used if your support needs to come from more than one agency eg education, health and social care, so that everything can be co-ordinated. There will be regular meetings to monitor the MyPlan+.

Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)

If your child’s needs are very complex and on-going they may require an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).  Your child will need to have an assessment to decide whether an EHCP is needed, you can request this if your child’s needs are not being met.

Page updated: 23/06/2021 Page updated by: GCC

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.