Skip to content

How to get an assessment

Parents or carers may worry about their child's development in comparison to other children of a similar age. This leaflet provides some information and guidance to parents and carers who may be concerned that their child has additional needs.

Parent Guide on Additional Needs.

Whatever the concerns may be, it is important to discuss them with people working with your child. These could include a Health Visitor, Early Years practitioner, Teacher, Family Support Worker or anyone else involved with your child.

The Local Offer

To find out about the range of services in Gloucestershire and how they may support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, take a look at the Local Offer.

Page updated: 04/05/2021 Page updated by: GCC

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.