Fostering for GCC
"The fostering service is managed effectively, and is a strength in the organisation and continues to improve, and foster carers are well trained and supported." 2017 Ofsted Inspection
Gloucestershire County Council has invested in its fostering service to ensure we provide exceptional support and competitive payments to our foster carers.
There are many benefits to fostering for Gloucestershire County Council, including:
- Tailored support during your first year of fostering.
- The best possible match for you and your family.
- Regular placements.
- Helping local children stay in their community: this means they can maintain contact with their friends, school and family, if appropriate.
- Support to gradually build your confidence, skills and experience with a comprehensive programme of training that is delivered locally.
- Specific training and support for the birth children of foster carers.
- Access to a support group of other foster carers in your area and specialist support groups.
- Positive partnerships between all the professionals supporting the child, including social care staff and colleagues in education and health.
- A focus on meeting the needs of local children rather than one based on a business model.
- Local social events for fostering families.
- A discount scheme where local businesses offer discounts to our foster carers.
You can transfer from an independent fostering agency to Gloucestershire County Council and we will fast track your assessment process. If you currently have foster children you can bring them with you.
Experienced foster carers may also be eligible for our intensive support schemes, like IRIS.