Drop-in sessions planned for Carers Week 2019
As part of Carers Week 2019 (10-16 June), Gloucestershire Carer’s Hub are offering advice and support at a series of drop-in sessions.
Carers Week is an annual campaign (this year 10-16 June) that aims to raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges faced by unpaid carers, and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities across the UK. It also helps people who don't think of themselves as having caring responsibilities to identify as carers and access much-needed support.
In Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire Young Carers and Gloucestershire Carers Hub are aiming to ensure that carers:
- are resilient and feel supported to manage their own health and wellbeing
- feel valued and included in their community
- have their voice heard at an individual and strategic level
- have opportunities to achieve their own goals, develop their own skills and have employment and training opportunities
- individual support is personalised, accessible and timely
- have contingency plans in place when they cannot care
This Carers Week, the NHS bus will be on tour around the county, and staff from Gloucestershire’s Carers Hub will be available to talk about the support and guidance on offer for carers. The NHS bus will be at each location from 10am - 3pm. The dates and locations are as follows:
- Monday 10th June – Stroud Tesco
- Tuesday 11th June – Gloucester, outside HSBC on the Cross
- Wednesday 12th June – Cinderford, outside the Co-op
- Thursday 13th June – Tewkesbury Co-op
- Friday 14th June – Cheltenham outside M&S
For more information about Carers Week please see https://www.carersweek.org/about-us.