Introducing your new cabinet
During full council today, Gloucestershire County Council’s cabinet was agreed with Cllr Mark Hawthorne (Con, Quedgeley) as the leader of the council.
On 4th May, Gloucestershire went to the polls to elect their representatives on the council for the next four years.
The Conservative Group won 31 seats, Liberal Democrats 14, Labour five, Green two and one People Against Bureaucracy seat.
The council’s cabinet is made up of the leader of the council and eight other county councillors and has particularly wide-ranging responsibilities.
There are nine members making up cabinet:
- Cllr Mark Hawthorne, leader of the council
- Cllr Ray Theodoulou, deputy leader and cabinet member for finance and change
- Cllr Nigel Moor, cabinet member for fire, planning and infrastructure
- Cllr Vernon Smith, cabinet member for highways and flood
- Cllr Kathy Williams, cabinet member for adult social care
- Cllr Tim Harman, cabinet member for public health and communities
- Cllr Roger Wilson, cabinet member for vulnerable adults and commissioning
- Cllr Richard Boyles, cabinet member for children and young people
- Cllr Lynden Stowe, cabinet member for economy, skills and growth
Cllr Mark Hawthorne, leader of Gloucestershire County Council, said: “Each cabinet member is the lead elected member for a specific area. making key decisions about policies and services that matter to local people.
“We have a strong mix of experienced and new cabinet members who come from around the county and understand local issues.”
In addition to cabinet, appointments to committees, boards and panels were also made. For full information, please visit https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/councillors-and-committees/.