GloW Community Grants
What is it?
Funded under the NHS England and NHS Improvement Suicide Prevention Transformation programme, the GloW Community Grants invests in community based and led activities that address the things that contribute to our mental wellbeing and help improve our mental health e.g. activities that promote good mental health and wellbeing, reduce isolation, and support the prevention of suicide and self harm in those most likely to be affected. Launched on 1 October 2020, the programme will run for three years and will see a total of £150,000 provided to community projects over a three year period.
All funding over the three year period has been allocated, but any further updates will be posted on this website.
Projects and activities approved for the GloW Community Grants include:
- A mental health and postnatal depression support project for mothers in the Cotswolds, Gloucester and Stroud
- A counselling project for young people in the Cotswolds
- A countywide suicide bereavement support project for adults
- Countywide provision of a safe place for young people affected by ACEs, poverty, and unemployment
- New sporting clubs for children and adults with disabilities in Cheltenham, Forest of Dean, Gloucester and Tewkesbury
- Wellbeing workshops based in Gloucester and Cheltenham to help improve people’s mental health, wellbeing and resilience
- A countywide trauma-focused psychological therapies program supporting women
- Family support for those living in the Cotswolds with a history of stress, mental illness, and a chaotic home life
- A podcast and internet radio project to reach young people with disabling barriers to address issues with mental ill health, cyber bullying, and isolation across the county
- A countywide project providing online creative activities, coffee mornings and an exhibition for those living with cancer and beyond cancer
Queries and further information
Any queries regarding the programme should be submitted to the GloW Grants team at email@example.com.