Pre-Birth Multi-Agency Protocol
Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Partnership is determined to have high ambition for pre-birth work across the county. A revised Pre-birth Protocol has been agreed and approved by the GSCP and therefore is now live and should be used by all partners engaged in safeguarding unborns.
The revised Pre Birth Protocol is the work of a group of professionals who have been meeting to discuss the areas of strength in Gloucestershire and areas that require improvement. They have spent time and energy to establish the principles and practice of good pre- birth work for the county.
The document includes principles, policy and practice.
There are 11 tools for implementation of the pre-birth protocol,
- Pre-Birth assessment child & family assessment
- Pre-Birth implementation group
- Out of hours births
- Pre-Birth hospital discharge plan
- Discharge planning meeting agenda template
- Discharge Planning for babies who have child in care status
- Child Protection concerns actions for staff in hospitals
- Unborn tracker for Social Workers/Team Managers
- Child in Need and Child Protection route
- Perinatal risk indicators for referral to mental health services
- risk and vulnerability matrix for unborn babies of children in care or care leavers