We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content

Information sheets

Need to know more? There are a range of information sheets to choose from.

This leaflet is about the information we collect about you , how we use it and your information rights under the Data Protection Act 2018.

For more detailed information on this area, please visit the Adult Social Care privacy notice or visit our Information management and security policies page.

Information about the benefits system and financial entitlement

The benefits system provides practical help and financial support. You may be entitled to support if you have a disability, are ill, or if you care for someone. It also provides you with additional income if you are unemployed and looking for work, if your earnings are low, if you are bringing up children, or if you are retired.

Benefits are administered by the Department for Work and Pensions, tax credits are administered by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, and Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit are administered by your local City, District or Borough Council.

This leaflet is intended to give general guidance about benefit entitlement. It is not a full guide to every benefit and should not be taken as such.


Information about support available to people with a visual (sight) impairment

In Gloucestershire there is a range of support available to help visually impaired people maintain as much independence and control over their lives as possible. This information sheet tells you about the different sources of support and how to find out more about them. There is also information about national organisations and statutory services.

This information sheet is also available in large print.

Information for people who are deaf or have a hearing impairment

In Gloucestershire there is support to help deaf and hard of hearing people keep as much independence and control over their lives as possible. This information sheet is a guide to the support available, and how to find out more. It also includes some practical advice about managing hearing loss.

To view this information sheet (and to print a copy):

An overview of Adult Mental Health support available in Gloucestershire and how to find out more information

Mental health problems range from the worries we all experience as part of everyday life to serious long-term conditions. The majority of people who experience mental health problems can get over them or learn to live with them, especially if they get help early on.

This sheet contains information about mental health to help ensure you get the information you need and know what support is available to help you.

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.