Skip to content

Paying for your Social Care

From October 2023, changes to Adult Social Care will affect financial assessment and how much you have to pay for your care.  There is more information about what will change and how this will affect you on the Department of Health and Social Care website.

Adult Social Care Paying for your Care booklet

We will update this webpage closer to the time.

Where to get independent financial advice

Paying for ongoing care can be an expensive and long term commitment, especially if you need permanent care in a care home.  

Before you enter into any care arrangements, the council strongly recommends that you seek independent financial advice from a financial adviser who is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority and accredited with the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA). See SOLLA website for more information.

The Care Advice Line 

The council has commissioned The Care Advice Line to provide free, confidential, personalised financial advice about paying for care and support.  Anyone can use this free service regardless of income to find out about:

  • options for paying for care now or planning for the future
  • benefit rates and entitlements

The Care Advice Line can also help you to access specialist financial or legal advice.  You can contact them via:

Page updated: 11/07/2022 Page updated by: Gloucestershire County Council

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.