Organisations who can help
The provider of Gloucestershire County Council contracted services for Adult Carers is PeoplePlus. The service is called ‘The Gloucestershire Carers Hub’.
The contract provides:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Carers assessment and support planning
- Carers Emergency Scheme
- Carers Breaks
- Hospital Liaison
- Carers’ Voice
- Positive Caring education and training
- Carers emotional support and counselling
- Peer support and support groups
From 1st April 2019, referrals can be made to The Gloucestershire Carers Hub via their website www.gloucestershirecarershub.co.uk or by telephone 0300 111 9000.
An email for general enquiries is email@example.com.
The Gloucestershire Carers Hub
31 Worcester Street
Gloucestershire Young Carers provides help, support and social activities for young carers. The service offers activity groups, support groups, support for families, residential and day trips, a young carers’ forum and newsletter, and training on a variety of topics such as first aid and being assertive. Child/young person-friendly information on a range of issues is also available.
They also provide support to young adult carers aged between 16 and 24 and helping them to transition to adulthood.
Their young adult carers service includes:
- support from our friendly YAC workers.
- Help with applying for jobs, work experience, training courses, university or college.
- ‘Caring Counts’ our unique short course.
- Help with accessing free counselling and other specialist support.
- Fun day trips and workshops.
- Chance to meet other young adult carers and make new friends
- Advocacy support ( talking to school/college/uni/work to help them understand your caring role)
- Small Grants to help with education or employment.
Tel: 01452 733060.
- Carers Direct - a national, free, confidential information and advice service for carers.
- Lines are open 9am - 8pm Mon - Fri except bank holidays and 11am-4pm on weekends.
- Calls are free from UK land lines and mobiles or you can request a call back.
- You can also ask for a call back in 1 of 170 languages.
- tel: 080 880 20202
- Carers UK is a charity set up specifically to help carers.
- They provide information and advice about caring alongside practical and emotional support for carers.
- Carers UK also campaigns to make life better for carers and influences policy makers, employers and service providers, to help them improve carers' lives.
- 20 Great Dover Street,
London, SE1 4LX
- tel 020 7378 4999
- Carers Trust is a major charity for, with and about carers.
- It works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
- It works with its Network Partners; they provide access to breaks, information and advice, education, training and employment opportunities
- It offers specialist services for carers of people of all ages and conditions and a range of individually tailored support and group activities.
- For general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a carer and need support, you can e mail their online support team at email@example.com.