Organisations who can help
Gloucestershire Young Carers provides help, support and social activities for young carers. The service offers activity groups, support groups, support for families, residential and day trips, a young carers’ forum and newsletter, and training on a variety of topics such as first aid and being assertive. Child / young person-friendly information on a range of issues is also available.
They also provide support to young adult carers aged between 16 and 24 and helping them to transition to adulthood.
Their young adult carers service includes:
- support from our friendly YAC workers.
- Help with applying for jobs, work experience, training courses, university or college.
- ‘Caring Counts’ our unique short course.
- Help with accessing free counselling and other specialist support.
- Fun day trips and workshops.
- Chance to meet other young adult carers and make new friends
- Advocacy support ( talking to school/college/uni/work to help them understand your caring role)
- Small Grants to help with education or employment.
Tel: 01452 733060.