Family Information Service (FIS)
The Family Information Service (FIS) provides a wide range of advice on things like family support, education, childcare and activities. They have a directory website for local services www.glosfamiliesdirectory on which you will find both local and national support agency information. The Local Offer is a source of information on services for children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on the GlosFamilies Directory website, you can call the Family Information Service and the friendly team can offer information and guidance and can signpost you to people who can help.
They can also provide information on:
- Family support and general family advice – where to find support with behaviour, routines, counselling, mentoring, relationships, addictions and anything else a family might need support with.
- Childcare – advice on the types of childcare funding available, how to find childcare near you, and apply for childcare funding.
- The Key Disability Register- provides families and children with additional needs with a newsletter three times a year, advising of any support and financial help families might be entitled to and also entitles the child with a disability to a free swimming pass to attend their local leisure centre.
- Activities – things to do with babies and toddlers, clubs and groups for children and young people, fun days, school holiday activities and events.
- Parenting Courses – please visit our Training and Workshops section on www.glosfamileisdirectory.org.uk/training to search for available dates and locations and call the Family Information Service to book.