About the Academy
Academy purpose and vision
Gloucestershire Children’s Services Social Work Academy is a professional development centre for social workers at all levels, from students and newly qualified social workers to heads of service.
Our Academy supports a range of entry routes into social work and related professions including 'step up' and Frontline programmes.
Our Academy aims to embed a 'Gloucestershire Approach' to social work practice, leadership and management and underpins consistency in practice across Gloucestershire Children’s Services.
Our Academy delivers the following programmes.
- Essential Training & Curriculum for all workers.
- Quality and Audit
- Students (pre and post qualified), Placement Supervisors & Practice Educators
- Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- Advanced Practitioners
- Practice Leaders
Our Academy Team
• Social Work Academy Service Manager
• Principal Social Worker
• Quality Assurance & Advanced Practice Manager
• NAAS & Curriculum Lead
• Advanced Social Work Educators
• Practice Learning Organiser (Students)
• Practice Development Coordinator
• Practice Learning Coordinator
Gloucestershire Children's Services Social Work Academy