Your health and wellbeing
We are committed to supporting your health and wellbeing and there are a number of services available to support you
Employee Assistance Programme
All colleagues have access to support from a 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by Health Assured, one of the UK’s leading providers of Employee Assistance. Working with the county council since 2016, their counselling service is the only one accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
The EAP is designed to help colleagues to maintain their physical and mental wellbeing and prevent issues from escalating. The support available for includes:
- A counselling helpline which is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week
- Structured counselling, up to six sessions by phone
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and E:counselling
- Legal advice helplines including debt advice, employment, consumer and finance
- Access to the ‘My Healthy Advantage’ App
- Webinars and video resources on health and wellbeing, as well as structured health plans
- A whole host of supporting materials via a dedicated website and mobile app
The support offered by the programme is available to staff and their dependent family members. All services are free at point of use.
How do I access the Health Assured EAP support?
- phone 0800 030 5182 (free 24 hour helpline);
- go to Health Assured EAP (colleagues can find the username & password on staffnet here); or
- Use Health Assured's new app 'My Healthy Advantage'
My Healthy Advantage
The app features wellbeing tools designed to improve users mental and physical wellbeing, including a personalised daily feed, a mood tracker, mini health checks and 4 week support plans.
Search and download My Healthy Advantage on the app store or Google play.
HOW SW App
The Healthier Outcomes at Work - Social Workers (H.O.W. SW) smartphone app and paper-based toolkit has been created by a research team at Bath Spa University in collaboration with colleagues from Gloucestershire County Council. The aim of both the app and toolkit is to promote healthy work and living through the provision of information, whilst also offering a platform to signpost users to local health and wellbeing opportunities.
Support for managers
There are a number of resources available to support managers to look after their own wellbeing and that of their team: