gloucestershire.gov.uk uses cookies to make the site simpler.
Find out more about cookies

Skip to main content

Taking part in mainstream school and holiday activities

What do we do?

We support disabled children/young people (age 0-18) to access out of school/holiday activities or child care within mainstream settings. Once we receive the referral, we will: 

  • visit the family to talk more about the young person's needs and interests;
  • offer a short term solution to find a suitable provision;
  • support the young person to settle in and assess what additional advice, support, training and/or equipment may be needed for the child to continue to attend safely;
  • work with the provider to put in to place any necessary support.

There is an expectation that parents/carers meet the cost of the activities.


Who can make a referral?

We take referrals from parents/carers and anyone who works with disabled children and young people.


What do we need to know?

The criteria to refer to us is that the child/young person:

  • has a diagnosed disability or condition 
  • does not currently have a social worker/lead professional
  • only need is to access activities/childcare
  • is between 0-18 years old


How to apply

Please complete our referral form, which can be found in the 'downloads' section of this page (on the right hand side) and send it to the Disabled Children and Young Peoples Service. For more information please phone the Kim Mora 01452 328056 or Al Clague 01452 328130. 

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.