The Blue Badge Scheme
Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
The quickest way to apply for or renew a Blue Badge is to apply online at GOV. UK.
You must pay a badge issue fee and supply supporting information with your application. You can upload the information online if you apply via GOV.UK.
You must provide:
- a recent colour digital or hard copy passport photo
- proof of identity – such as a birth or adoption certificate, your passport or driving licence
- proof of address – for example a recent council tax bill or a recent letter from a government department such as the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- proof of any benefits you receive – your most recent letter that has full details of the award
- evidence of your disability or condition if you won’t automatically qualify for a Blue Badge. Examples are medical or diagnosis letters, a patient summary, care plan or education, health and care (EHC) plan or other evidence of disability or a health condition that will help us to assess your eligibility. Please just send what you already have. You don’t need to approach your GP for additional information.
- the £10 badge issue fee. You can pay online if you apply via GOV.UK. If you apply by post, please pay by postal order or cheque payable to Gloucestershire County Council and labelled with your name and address. We cannot take cash or take payment over the phone. We will refund the badge issue fee if your application is unsuccessful.
Please send all the supporting information requested on the application form. We cannot process your application until we have all the information we need and the badge issue fee. We will return your application to you if it is incomplete.
See the section on support in your local community if you need help to apply online.
You can also apply for a Blue Badge by post but this may take longer as applications can be delayed in the post.
To apply by post, download the application form and the guidance to help you.
- you cannot print the form or guidance. We will post them to you.
- you are not sure how to fill in any part of the application form.
See the section on support in your local community if you need help with your application. Please do not come to Shire Hall.
Post your completed application, the supporting information and your cheque or postal order to:
Blue Badge Team,
Gloucestershire County Council,
4th Floor, Block 4,