Covid-19 Local Support Grant (find out more and apply)
If you are making an application please ensure you complete ALL sections of the application form correctly and supply relevant evidence. More information on what you need to apply is available under the 'How to apply' tab.
The purpose of the COVID-19 Local Support Grant for Food and Essential Supplies is to support vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and their families during the challenging and unprecedented times of the Coronavirus outbreak. Individuals or families can self-refer or be referred by any professional working with them.
The aim of the grant is to give support to vulnerable households and individuals most in need as Covid restrictions are being eased. Those who apply who have been recently financially affected by Covid-19 can use the fund to support with the cost of food, utilities and other household essentials.
The Local Support Grant for Food and Essential Supplies panel will provide management oversight and access of and to financial assistance for vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and families. The panel will provide a consistent and effective response to escalating need and ensure that effective interventions are available to meet the needs of applicants. The panel will assess need against the eligibility criteria and cross reference other funding streams that may be available to the vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and families.
Role of the Panel
The overall aim of the COVID-19 Local Support Grant Fund panel is to ensure that identified vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and families have access to emergency funding in order to meet their basic needs of living in the most effective and efficient manner.
- The panel will work with an agreed process map that ensures all applicants meet eligibility
- The panel will pass onto Auriga paperwork to ensure payments are not delayed in reaching the individual or family
- The panel will monitor spend and feed this back to senior management and finance on an agreed spreadsheet.
- The panel will put control measures in place to ensure that spend is authorised appropriately and links to the need outlined on the application form
- The panel will oversee the application to ensure the funding is being received for the correct funding stream and also add value from other funding streams known to the panel. If you’re a professional (such as a Social Worker, Family Support Worker, Health Visitor or Teacher) working with a vulnerable child, young person, and/or their family, you can apply for support on their behalf.