Phase 4 Amendment: Boots Corner Trial Changes
January 2020 update: Cheltenham Transport Plan Phase 4 (the trial closure of 'Boots Corner' to through traffic) has now ended and the associated Experimental Traffic Regulation Orders have been abandoned. Further information can be found in the 'Phase 4 Abandonment Documentation' box on the right.
Having considered all the comments received regarding the Phase 4 original experimental Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) and the effects of the restrictions, Cheltenham Borough Council and Gloucestershire County Council decided to run revised experimental TROs for a new six month period from 3 June 2019 as follows:
- A new 24 hour Bus Gate restriction on Clarence Street between its junctions with Post Office Lane and Imperial Circus.
- A new Prohibition of Driving arrangement consisting of the route Pittville Street > High Street > Promenade > Imperial Circus > Clarence Street > North Street.
- The removal of the experimental Prohibition of Driving on Clarence Street from Cheltenham House car park to Post Office Lane and on Clarence Parade.
- The introduction of two-way traffic flows on Clarence Street (from St Georges Place to Clarence Parade), on Clarence Parade and on Crescent Place.
- Revised waiting restrictions on all of the above roads.
- A new weight limit on St Georges Place, Clarence Street, Clarence Parade and Crescent Place.
- New 'Disabled Badge Holders Only' parking on Winchcombe Street.
Plans showing the updated arrangements of the new restrictions and information regarding the restrictions (including timings and exemptions) can be found in the 'Phase 4 Amendment Traffic Regulation Order Documents' box to the right.
Information regarding the Phase 4 original trial can be found in the 'Other information' box to the right.