West Cheltenham Transport Improvement Schemes - Frequently Asked Questions
All FAQs for the West Cheltenham Transport Improvement Schemes are included on this page.
- When will the work start and finish?
- Why are the improvements necessary?
- What is the cost of the scheme?
- Who is paying for the scheme?
- What is the Full Business Case (FBC)?
- Who are the GFirst Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)?
- Why can't these funds be spent on routine maintenance, such as filling potholes?
- These works are going to disrupt my journey, what will you be doing to help?
- How will you avoid creating excessive noise and air pollution during construction?
- How does this scheme accommodate the anticipated new development in the area?
- Do the proposed schemes include the previously withdrawn A40 Benhall Bus Lane scheme?
- Will cyclists, taxis and private hire vehicles be allowed to use the new bus lane along B4063?
- Have you considered the potential environmental impacts of the scheme?
- What will be the impact on the Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)?
- Where can I find out more about the schemes?
What is the Full Business Case (FBC)?
The FBC is a document prepared by the project team and issued to the GFirst LEP for approval. The FBC includes an assessment of whether the scheme is fit for purpose and meets central and local government policies, it discusses what options have been considered, how options have been developed and if the scheme represents good value for money. Each of the four phases will require a separate FBC.