West Cheltenham Transport Improvement Schemes - Frequently Asked Questions
All FAQs for the West Cheltenham Transport Improvement Schemes are included on this page.
- When will the work start and finish?
- Why are the improvements necessary?
- What is the cost of the scheme?
- Who is paying for the scheme?
- What is the Full Business Case (FBC)?
- Who are the GFirst Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)?
- Why can't these funds be spent on routine maintenance, such as filling potholes?
- These works are going to disrupt my journey, what will you be doing to help?
- How will you avoid creating excessive noise and air pollution during construction?
- How does this scheme accommodate the anticipated new development in the area?
- Do the proposed schemes include the previously withdrawn A40 Benhall Bus Lane scheme?
- Will cyclists, taxis and private hire vehicles be allowed to use the new bus lane along B4063?
- Have you considered the potential environmental impacts of the scheme?
- What will be the impact on the Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)?
- Where can I find out more about the schemes?
When will the work start and finish?
Phases 1 and 2 of the works (From M5 Junction 11 up to and including Arle Court Roundabout) will start 1 June 2020.
It is currently anticipated that all works (including Phases 3 and 4) will complete by Autumn 2021.