West Cheltenham Transport Improvement Schemes - Frequently Asked Questions
All FAQs for the West Cheltenham Transport Improvement Schemes are included on this page.
- When will the work start and finish?
- Why are the improvements necessary?
- What is the cost of the scheme?
- Who is paying for the scheme?
- What is the Full Business Case (FBC)?
- Who are the GFirst Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)?
- Why can't these funds be spent on routine maintenance, such as filling potholes?
- These works are going to disrupt my journey, what will you be doing to help?
- How will you avoid creating excessive noise and air pollution during construction?
- How does this scheme accommodate the anticipated new development in the area?
- Do the proposed schemes include the previously withdrawn A40 Benhall Bus Lane scheme?
- Will cyclists, taxis and private hire vehicles be allowed to use the new bus lane along B4063?
- Have you considered the potential environmental impacts of the scheme?
- What will be the impact on the Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)?
- Where can I find out more about the schemes?
Where can I find out more about the schemes?
Gloucestershire County Council have hosted public share events to display proposals all phases of the project. We have also provided the opportunity for the public to provide feedback through our website, displaying the latest plans online. Members of the project team who have been involved in the management and development of the scheme can be contacted by emailing the Major Project inbox.
When a contractor is appointed to complete the works, we intend to hold a 'Meet the Contractor' event for members of the public to directly ask the contractor and members of the project team any questions they have on upcoming works.
Knights Brown are the contractor for Phases 1 and 2 and a video session is available near the top of this page.
Anyone can sign up to receive future news bulletins about this scheme by email.