Each parking review follows a similar process as outlined below:
- Scheme inception - initial data gathering and discussions with local stakeholders;
- Informal consultation - consultation with local residents and businesses to find out if local people find parking a problem, if they would like to see changes considered, and if so, what changes.
- Statutory consultation - a formal consultation process where we present a detailed proposed scheme. Feedback to this stage will be used to decide if any changes are made.
- Implementation (if appropriate) - launch of new scheme.
Details relating to each scheme are provided below:
Cheltenham All Saints & Gloucester Kingsholm Parking Reviews
Current stage: Stage 2 – Informal Consultation August 2021
Gloucestershire County Council is undertaking a review of parking provision in the County. This is to ensure that parking rules are fit for purpose and support planning and transport policies.
Throughout 2020 a review of the parking within Gloucestershire took place. Surveys were undertaken in February and March as well as May and June. This ensured we captured current parking situation before and during the COVID-19 UK wide lockdown.
Gloucestershire County Council believes that introducing a Permit Parking Zone to cover this eastern area of Cheltenham and the Kingsholm area of Gloucester would increase residents’ chance of finding a parking space in their neighbourhood and better manage the kerbside space. Parking permits that prioritise residents and their visitors, will discourage commuters from driving to these areas, from other parts of Gloucestershire, and parking during the daytime for work.
This parking review is also looking into the implementation of electric vehicle charging points both on and off street.
The review is in Stage 2 – Informal Consultation meaning that you can have your say on the review. For additional information, please visit the Parking Review webpage that contains an interactive map to view the proposed restrictions, FAQs and a link to fill out the questionnaire to have your say.
* Please note that the above link to the consultation portal is accessible via smartphone, tablet, Chrome and Edge and it NOT supported by Internet Explorer *
The consultation questionnaire will be open to comments between 31st August 2021 and 15th October 2021.
Hard copies of documents can be requested by emailing your contact details and address to email@example.com
Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) and Traffic Schemes
Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) and Traffic Schemes not listed above.
The following survey data was collected as part of parking reviews as shown below. The data was used to quantify parking issues and understand travel patterns and parking behaviour. (Please note that we are aware that there is a technical issue with the links below which we are looking into and we will correct ASAP).
|Cheltenham West (West End, Lansdown & Railway)||March 2015|
|Tewkesbury and Winchcombe||September 2014|
|North Cotswold Market Towns||November 2013|
|Cheltenham (Pittville & St Pauls)||March 2013|
|Gloucester (Inner City)||Spring 2011|
Email Gloucestershire County Council, Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) Team: firstname.lastname@example.org