Rights of Way online map
The layers Footway, Bridleway, Byway open to all traffic, and Restricted Byway, are subject to the following disclaimer:
This map is not the Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way. It has no legal status. Do not rely on it to determine where paths exist. Rights of Way can be subject to legal change and may not be clearly defined on the ground, so you should seek your own independent legal advice. Queries regarding the Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way should be emailed to email@example.com.
The official maps which accompany the Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way are available for viewing at Shire Hall, Main Reception, during normal office hours.
The layer(s) Common Land, Town Village Green and Forest of Dean Exempt Area, are subject to the following disclaimer:
This map is not the official map which accompanies the Commons and Town Village Green Registers. It has no legal status. Do not rely on it to determine where a common/town village green exists. Queries regarding the Commons and Town Village Green Registers should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official maps which accompany the Commons and Town Village Green Registers can be viewed at Gloucestershire Archives, Alvin Street, Gloucester: Visiting Gloucestershire Archives - location, contact details and opening times.
How to use the map
- Search: Click on 'Address Search' at the top of the map and select a search option of 'Address Search' or 'Path Search' and a search box will appear to enter details.
- Zoom: To zoom in and out:
a. Use the + and – buttons on the map
b. Computer: Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
c. Smart device: Pinch the screen with two fingers to zoom in and out
- Layers: The majority of PROW layers become active from zoom level 14, however further layers can be activated under 'Show Layers' by selecting PROW on the left hand side and ticking the grey boxes.
- Information: For further path details, click on the route and details will be shown.
- A full screen map and be viewed by clicking on 'Full Screen Map' which is located under the map below.