Return to Main School Streets Page 

  • A free permit can be requested from Gloucestershire County Council if you are a resident of a road which will be closed to motorised vehicles as part of a School Street scheme.
  • A maximum of two permits per household may be requested.
  • You will need to provide evidence that you are a resident (Council Tax reference number).
  • You may also request a permit if you are a member of staff at a school which is located on a School Street.
  • Permits should be displayed prominently in the windscreen or on the dashboard of the vehicle to which they apply.
  • If you have a Blue Badge then you may access the School Street at any time providing the Blue Badge is displayed in your vehicle.
  • Permits allow access but do not mean that you can park your vehicle in breach of any parking restrictions.

For full terms and conditions and to find out more about how to apply please click below: 

Permit Terms and Conditions

Help us improve Highways

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.