Current road closures
Please refresh this page to see the latest closures.
Updated 15:55 Wednesday 24 February 2021
A number of roads around the county have been affected by heavy rainfall. The following list shows those that are closed, impassable or passable with care.
After a flood, we need to inspect the road to make sure it is still safe to travel on. Road closures remain in place until this inspection is done, so please do not move signs. Even if the road looks clear or passable, it might not be safe. We need to check the surface, clear up any debris and grit if needed. Road closures are in place to keep you and your vehicle safe.
- B4234 Lower Lydbrook - Road Closed due to flooding
- Ham Road, Tirley- Road Closed due to flooding
A new flood guide offering advice for anyone affected is available here.
Following severe weather events we experienced in February 2020 and Winter 2020/21, a number of roads require further works before we can safely reopen them.
- Corse End Road, Highleadon - Passable with care due to damaged road surface after flooding
- B4234 Lydbrook - Road Closed due to collapsed culvert
- Greenway Crossroads to Drew’s Farm, Dymock – Road Closed due to carriageway damage
- New Road, Blakeney - Road Closed due to landslip (closure will be in place for the foreseeable future) - more information available here
- Base Lane, Sandhurst - Passable with care
- Forwood Lane, Minchinhampton - Road Closed due to collapsed private wall
- Blanchworth, Stinchcombe under the railway bridge - Passable with care
- Berkeley Road (Key route) is currently closed by Gigaclear. The majority of the road leading up to Taitshill remains open, it’s the lower section from the Jct with Echo Lane leading to the A38 which is affected.
- Gruntas Lane, Harescombe – landslip – Road Closed
PLEASE NOTE: Any information posted on this page applies to the GCC road network ONLY and not Highways England's trunk roads, for example, the A40, A417/A419 and the motorways. Traffic information for Highways England's roads can be found here.
For updates and information on road closures please follow: