Accessing library services from home
Many of our services can be accessed online from the comfort of your own home. Why not try out the following?
- Listen to eAudiobooks with Borrowbox - free with your library membership
- Download and Read eBooks and eMagazines with Libby or Overdrive - free with your library membership
- Sign up for the Royal National Institute of Blind People's RNIB Talking Book Service
Free online resources
- The Library Services for Education the team have compiled a list of Free Educational Resources to support home educating parents, schools and families.
Library online events and activities for children
- Amazing story times and Baby Bounce and Rhyme sessions are available on our Gloucestershire Libraries Youtube Channel
- Gloucestershire Libraries Innovation Lab brings you Beginner’s coding & 3D modelling workshops
Gloucestershire Virtual Reference Library
You can access a range of free high quality online reference resources using your library membership. Many of these can be accessed from home during the lockdown, including the family history databases Ancestry and Find My Past. You can also search newspaper archives, Oxford Reference and National Biography, Naxos Music Library, British Film database and more.
Our Ask Us enquiry service can help with:
- finding organisations and activities in the local area
- business contact help
- consumer information
- job-hunting information
From quick questions to in-depth research, you can ask any question and the Ask Us team can help you get started or refer you to the most relevant agency or person to help you with your query.
Gloucestershire Heritage Hub
We know that many of you will miss being able to visit the Heritage Hub, whether as a researcher or a volunteer. The Gloucestershire Heritage Hub have created this page [link below] to gather together ideas about how you can explore and engage with archives from home, as well as other free heritage-inspired activities which you can do during lockdown. The page also links to campaigns and initiatives which we know about elsewhere.
Library Card Number and 4 digit PIN number
You will need your library number and PIN number to access most of these services. If you have forgotten your PIN and have an email address registered on your account you can re-set your PIN online.
If you do not have an email address registered on your account or have any queries please Contact the Library.