Book a computer including printing
Current Access: Essential Computer Access and Printing and Photocopying Book a computer
Council run Libraries (excluding Gloucester where there is no current PC access), and some Community run Libraries, will provide access to public computers. As a result of the National Restrictions access is limited to essential computer and printing access only.
Computer access for the following is not permitted:
- Streaming Media
- Entertainment Video
- Viral Video
- Games and Gambling
What is on offer?
- PC sessions are for up to 50 minutes
- Book 1 session, up to 8 days in advance
- Sessions need to be booked in advance.
- Walk up access for essential computer access is only available if numbers at the library allow - please ask staff when you visit
- Printing will be available if essential and with a pre-booked computer
- Public Wi Fi will not be available for use
- All of our computers have accessibility software loaded.
- Our computers don't have speakers. You will need to bring your own headphones to make use of sound-based facilities
- Essential Scanning will be available via Scan PCs only - please book a PC session to access
- Photocopying services are not available.
From the 12th April all libraries will be open for computer access and the conditions of essential PC access will be removed.
Which Libraries are offering Computer access?
Please check the individual library page to find out computer times, and service availability. This includes Community Libraries. The Computer Booking system also enables you to see available booking slots Book a computer
How can I book?
Library Members will be able to book online using the booking page. You will require your Library Card number and 4 digit PIN make a booking.
If you have forgotten your PIN and have an email address registered on your account you can re-set your PIN online.
If you do not have an email address registered on your account or have any queries please Contact the Library.
For those people without Internet Access, please contact your local library to arrange a session. Library telephone numbers are available via the Library Locations and Opening Hours page .
Non members will need to phone a library & discuss with a member of the library team, and have a temporary library membership set up.
Please remember, use of public access PCs remain free for library members who live, work or study in Gloucestershire and for any vulnerable groups such as homeless people or job seekers. Joining the library is free. We do not require proof of ID to join the library temporarily during this period..
What are the track and trace requirements?
- When booking a slot you are also agreeing to us using your contact details for Track and Trace
- You must book in advance either online or by phone as we will use your details for Track & trace
- When logging onto the Computer, in order for your session to start you have to agree to the Acceptable Use statement which includes agreeing to your details being used for the purposes of Track and Trace.
What will I need when I arrive to use a computer and what can I expect when I visit the library?
You will need your library card and 4 digit PIN with you in order to log in to the computer.
As we are maintaining social distance and Covid 19 safe conditions there will be minimal contact with staff.
Wearing face coverings is mandatory in libraries for customers and staff (exemptions apply).
How long will a booking be for? Will I be able to book in advance?
The slots will be 50 minutes, with the 10 min cleaning slots. You can book 1 session, up to 5 days in advance.
Will printing be available?
Essential Printing and Scanning via a computer will be available. Please book a Computer session in order to access the printer at the library.
Please note all sites except Gloucester do not currently have the facility to take card payments. Therefore print charges will be added to library customer accounts with the expectation these charges are paid promptly.
Will scanning be available?
The following libraries have dedicated flatbed scanners linked to a computer:
Please contact the individual library for access arrangements.
In other libraries it is possible to use the photocopier to scan documents to a memory stick.
There is no charge for scanning, but printing costs apply if you choose to print.
Will the public Wi-Fi be available?
No, public wi fi will not be available as a service.
Terms and Conditions of use
To use a computer you must be a library member and agree to the Library Service's public computers Acceptable Use Agreement and this will include the agreement to use your contact details for Track and Trace purposes.
What safety measures are in place in libraries?
- Social Distancing with signs, markers and staff to support this
- Layout changes and one-way systems to support social distancing
- Restrictions on the numbers of people in a library building
- Staff hygiene
- Increased cleaning regimes for equipment used
- Installation of Perspex screens at library counters
- NHS “Track and Trace” recording
- Measures introduced to avoid cash handling
- Wearing face coverings will be mandatory in libraries for customers and staff (exemptions apply).
- All sites have been risk assessed and are Covid 19 secure.