Cheltenham (including Children's Library & Local Studies)
Find out when Cheltenham Library is open and what you can do there
The Library is open as follows:
Monday 10:00-13:00 Open
Tuesday 10:00-13:00 Collection Services Only
Wednesday 10:00-13:00 Open
Thursday 10:00-13:00 Open
14:00-17:00 Collection Services Only
Friday 10:00-13:00 Open
What we offer
- PCs with internet access
- Dedicated scan PC - please contact the library in advance to book your session
- Printing (computer booking required)
- Free public Wi-Fi
- DAISY player (Digital Accessible Information System) – for use by customers with sight loss or reading difficulties for listening to audiobooks. Please ask staff for details
- Free packs for Babies and Toddlers Bookstart
Local Studies Library
Sadly, due to the current situation regarding Covid, our Local Studies library is closed and newspapers are not available. However, please be assured that customers are still able to request loanable items from the library catalogue which can be collected from the Main library.
You can also email enquiries to our Customer Advisers at: email@example.com
The children's library collection has been relocated to the main library building. It is available for browsing and selecting books during the opening times above.
Services currently suspended:
- Access to Local Studies Library building
- Access to the Children's Library building (collection now in main library)
- Microfilm reader (booking advisable)
- Apply for a bus pass (if you don't have a computer)
- All groups
- Computer buddy volunteers
- 'Pay and Display' parking nearby.
- Main library: ramped access at rear of building.
- Children's library: level access, automatic doors, baby change facility.
- Local & Family History Library: lift access, automatic doors.
- Post box for out of hours book returns (Front door of main library and on Children's library building).