Gloucester Library including Music and Performing Arts
Find out when Gloucester Library is open and what you can do there
This library is open as follows:
Monday 09:00-13:00 Open
Tuesday 14:00-17:00 Open
Wednesday 09:00-13:00 Open
Thursday 09:00-13:00 Open
Friday 09:00-13:00 Open
Customers may enter the building, browse, borrow and return books/reservations. Public computers may be booked for use during these times.
Customers can arrange an appointment to collect available reservations from a chosen library. This may be items that have been reserved on the library catalogue or using Off the Shelf/Ring and Read services. Items may be collected from the door of the library with no access to the inside of the building.
The building is closed to the public. Staff may be on site to carry out administration, preparation and cleaning tasks.
Social distancing measures will be in place at our libraries, including:
- queue management
- screens on enquiry desks
- hand sanitiser stations
- and quarantine areas for returned books.
Please remember to:
- Keep your visit as brief as possible
- Wear a face covering (unless exempt)
- Bring your library card
- Stay at home if you are self-isolating or have COVID-19 symptoms.
What we offer
- PCs with internet access
- Free public Wi-Fi
- Free access to Which? Online
- Fax service
- Dedicated scan PC - please book online in advance of your visit or contact the library to book your session
- Home library service
- Local Family and History Centre
- Borrow musical scores and sets
- Borrow play sets
- DAISY player (Digital Accessible Information System) – for use by customers with sight loss or reading difficulties for listening to audiobooks. Please ask staff for details
The following services are suspended:
- Apply for a bus pass (if you don't have a computer)
- All groups
- Computer buddies
- Lift to 1st floor
- Public car park and parking for people with access needs nearby
- No post box for out of hours book returns