Find out when Stow-on-the-Wold library is open and what you can do there
From Monday 21st September this library will open as follows:
Monday 10:00-13:00 Collection Services
Tuesday 10:00-13:00 Open
Wednesday 10:00-13:00 Closed
Thursday 10:00-13:00 Closed
Friday 10:00-13:00 Open
Customers may enter the building, browse, borrow and return books/reservations. Public computers may be booked for use during these times.
Customers can arrange an appointment to collect available reservations from a chosen library. This may be items that have been reserved on the library catalogue or using Off the Shelf/Ring and Read services. Items may be collected from the door of the library with no access to the inside of the building.
The building is closed to the public. Staff may be on site to carry out administration, preparation and cleaning tasks. Loan items can be returned using the drop box/letter box.
Social distancing measures will be in place at our libraries, including:
- queue management
- screens on enquiry desks
- hand sanitiser stations
- and quarantine areas for returned books.
Please remember to:
- Keep your visit as brief as possible
- Wear a face covering (unless exempt)
- Bring your library card
- Stay at home if you are self-isolating or have COVID-19 symptoms.
What we offer
- PCs with internet access
- Limited scan facilities - please note we can offer scanning via a USB memory stick - please bring a memory stick with you
- Microfilm reader (booking advisable)
- Free public Wi-Fi
- Free packs for Babies and Toddlers Bookstart
- Stow Local and Family History Centre
These services are currently suspended:
- Apply for a bus pass (if you don't have a computer).
- Hire this library - talk to a member of staff for details Hire of Premises Charges
- All groups
Visitor Information Centre
Telephone: 01451 870998
- Lift at side entrance giving access to library, Visitor Information Centre and St Edwards Hall.
- Handrail, free limited parking available in The Square including spaces for people with access needs.
- Post box for out of hours book returns.