Find out when Stroud library is open and what you can do there
Stroud library is having new front doors fitted over 2 Thursdays, 8th Oct & 15th of October. Collection Services will not be available on these days.
From Monday 14th September the library will be open as follows:
Monday 10:00-13:00 Collection Services
14:00-15:00 Children’s Hour
Tuesday 10:00-13:00 Open
Wednesday 10:00-13:00 Open
Thursday 10:00-13:00 Collection Services
Friday 10:00-13:00 Closed
Customers may enter the building, browse, borrow and return books/reservations. Public computers may be booked for use during these times.
Customers can arrange an appointment to collect available reservations from a chosen library. This may be items that have been reserved on the library catalogue or using Off the Shelf/Ring and Read services. Items may be collected from the door of the library with no access to the inside of the building.
The building is closed to the public. Staff may be on site to carry out administration, preparation and cleaning tasks. Loan items can be returned using the drop box/letter box.
Social distancing measures will be in place at our libraries, including:
- queue management
- screens on enquiry desks
- hand sanitiser stations
- and quarantine areas for returned books.
Please remember to:
- Keep your visit as brief as possible
- Bring your library card
- Stay at home if you are self-isolating or have COVID-19 symptoms.
What we offer
- PCs with internet access
- Dedicated scan PC - please book online in advance of your visit or contact the library to book your session
- Microfilm reader (booking advisable)
- Free public Wi-Fi
- Free packs for Babies and Toddlers Bookstart
- Home Library Service
- Stroud Local and Family History Centre
Book a computer
The following services are suspended:
- Apply for a bus pass (if you don't have a computer).
- Self-service coffee available
- Hire this library - talk to a member of staff for details Hire of Premises Charges
- All groups
- Lift available
- Post box for out of hours book returns