Reading groups and book ideas
Don't forget it's free to Join the library.
Start a Book Club or Reading Group
Reading is a great way to meet people and share your love of books and reading. There are several websites that can give you practical advice and support
Set up a Reading Group account
Contact your local library to set up a reading group account and receive your 'group' borrower card.
Reading Group library members benefit from
- Free reservations on our reading group collections.
- Longer loans - you can borrow books for up to 8 weeks.
- A place to meet - with the agreement of the Library Manager.
- A place to advertise for group members.
Why not try one of our eAudiobooks for your reading group? We have monthly titles which have multiple downloads available: Borrowbox eAudiobooks -
Books of the Month- available for 50 days and no waiting lists!
Ideas of what to read
There are a wealth of websites set up to give you and your group inspiration for what to read next
- Literature Works - the strategic literature development charity for South West England, including Gloucestershire.
- Reading Group support from lovereading.co.uk
- Setting up an Online Reading Group
Reading groups in schools
Make a suggestion
Read a good book and think the library should have a copy? Sorry we are unable to accept your suggestions while we are installing a new library catalogue. Once we have made the changeover we will consider your suggestions again. Newly published titles are not appearing on our catalogue during the transition period. You will soon be able to order them on our new catalogue!
We review your suggestions regularly, keep an eye on the library catalogue to see any new additions.