Reading groups and book ideas
Don't forget it's free to Join the library.
Start a Book Club or Reading Group
Reading is a great way to meet people and share your love of books and reading. There are several websites that can give you practical advice and support
- Useful information from the Reading Agency about socially distanced reading groups
Set up a Reading Group account
Contact your local library to set up a reading group account and receive your 'group' borrower card.
Reading Group library members benefit from
- Free reservations on our reading group collections.
- Longer loans - you can borrow books for up to 8 weeks.
- A place to meet - with the agreement of the Library Manager.
- A place to advertise for group members.
Why not try one of our eAudiobooks for your reading group? We have monthly titles which have multiple downloads available: Borrowbox eAudiobooks -
Books of the Month- available for 50 days and no waiting lists!
Ideas of what to read
There are a wealth of websites set up to give you and your group inspiration for what to read next
- Literature Works - the strategic literature development charity for South West England, including Gloucestershire.
- Reading Group support from lovereading.co.uk
- Fantastic Fiction
- BBC Reading and Literacy Resources
- Setting up an Online Reading Group
Reading groups in schools
Make a suggestion
Read a good book and think the library should have a copy? Click on the link below to let us know.
We review your suggestions regularly, keep an eye on the library catalogue to see any new additions.