Oakley Interactive Space
New Interactive Space - Coming to Oakley June 2023
Gloucestershire Libraries have been awarded £250,000 by Arts Council England’s Library Improvement Fund to create a new community and digital immersive library space in Oakley, Cheltenham. Plus, additional funding of £48,000 was also awarded by Barnwood Trust Digital Inclusion Fund.
- To generate a digital, immersive storytelling space where customers can directly engage with digital stories to subliminally support literacy and learning in a fun and interactive way.
- Create a resource both digitally and within the space to support the growth of countywide home educators. Providing free facilities, training and support to parents with literacy learning.
- Develop a programme of activities around skills development, technological development, as well as reading development, including a ‘reading garden’ which the community will be involved in creating and maintaining.
- The space will be open plan to be able to facilitate digital screenings (based on literacy) as well as exhibitions used and curated by the community.
- The building will promote eco-friendly initiatives both within the building works as well as communication through events and activities within the space at Oakley.
- Immersive Reality
- Borrow Books
- Public Computers
- Printing & WiFi
- Hire the space
- IT Support
- Service Access Support
- Home Education Hub
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Skills Development Activities
What is Immersive Reality?
A digital experience with 360° projected images you can interactive with. Be present in a non-physical world. Go to places and see things you otherwise might not be able to in a fully engaging manner. Available to the whole community, with emphasis on local people and groups.
Arts Council England chief executive visits new digital learning space
Watch this space & our socials for updates 👀
Where to find us
Clyde Crescent, Cheltenham, GL52 5QH. Next to Oakley Children’s Centre and Opposite the Oakley Community Resource Centre.