We continue to offer our request and collection services for those customers who wish to use them.
Off the Shelf – “We select You collect”
- Available at the majority of libraries including some community libraries (please see the drop down list on the request form to see the full list of libraries).
- You need your library card number and PIN
- Complete an online form stating the type of books or other items that you would like. You can also request on behalf of other people in your household or that you have caring responsibility for.
- Staff will then select on your behalf, from the stock held within the library you choose to collect from
- You will receive a notification when the items are available to collect inviting you to book a slot to collect the available items.
- If you have requested items at a Community Library, you can telephone the specified library and arrange collection.
- Check when your selected library is open, or is offering collection slots at:
You will be able to collect requested items from the Reservation shelf at the library without booking a specific collection slot following notification that the items are ready to collect.
Reserve & Collect
- Search the catalogue, find items and reserve them to collect from your local library
- This service is available for all council and community run libraries
- When the item(s) arrive at your selected library, you will receive an email inviting you to book a slot to collect the available items.
- If you have requested items from a Community Library, you can telephone the specified library and arrange collection.
- You can check the status of your reservations when you:
- Check when your selected library is open:
- You will be able to collect requested items from the Reservation shelf at the library following notification that the items are ready to collect.
If you are unable to make your requests online, there is a Ring & Read option so if you are aware of a library member without internet access please let them know they can telephone their request by contacting their local library
Please check individual Community Libraries for the latest information.
We also have useful Frequently asked questions.