Returning and renewing items
- You can renew items up to 6 times as long as the title isn't reserved by another user.
- If an item has been reserved by another user it will not be possible to renew it. Please return the item as soon as possible.
Renew online via the library catalogue
- Go to the online library catalogue and click on Login to your library account
- Enter your borrower number from your library card and PIN.
- Select 'Current Loans'.
- Select the items you'd like to renew and go to Options and 'renew selection' or from Options select 'renew all'.
- If you have child accounts linked to your account you can manage their loans via your account too.
Renew via one of the library Apps
Spydus Mobile App:
If you use Spydus Mobile App, select 'My Account' and go to 'Current Loans' and you can select the items you wish to renew. By clicking 'renew' for each title you will either renew the item, or be alerted if the item cannot be renewed.
If you are responsible for a child account, within My Account you can also see a section 'Child Loans' and if you select this you will also be able to select items and renew these, or be alerted if they cannot be renewed.
Gloucestershire Library App
Select Account and you will see the items you have on loan. You have the option to select the items or 'renew all'.
If you wish to manage additional library accounts via this app you can choose too add accounts.
Renew by telephone
You may telephone your local library to renew your books. Find your local library contact details here:
Click on the name of the library you wish to contact and the relevant page will open.
You may call the Library Helpline telephone number on 01452 426973.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:00 and Saturday 9:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:00.
Renew in person
You may renew your items when you visit a library using one of the touch screen devices or by asking a member of the team to help.
You can return items to any Gloucestershire Library. Most libraries (apart from Gloucester, Up Hatherley, Hesters Way, Bourton and Winchcombe) have drop boxes to return items when the library is closed.
Forgotten your library PIN number?
If you have forgotten your 4 digit PIN and have an email address registered on your account you can re-set your PIN online.
If you do not have an email address registered on your account or have any queries please call the Library Helpline telephone number on 01452 426973.