Returning and renewing items
Item loan dates were extended and additional fines have not been incurred during the Lockdown Period. Please be aware that as restrictions ease and Library services resume you are encouraged to check your account, renew items and return them.
We encourage you to renew books and other items online or via our apps
- You can renew items up to 6 times as long as the title isn't reserved by another user.
- You will need your library card & PIN to log into your account
- If an item has been reserved by another user it will not be possible to renew it. Please return the item as soon as possible.
- Go to the online library catalogue and click on Login to your library account
- Enter your borrower number from your library card and PIN.
- Select 'Current Loans'.
- Select the items you'd like to renew and go to Options and 'renew selection' or from Options select 'renew all'.
- If you have child accounts linked to your account you can manage their loans via your account too.
Library Card Number and 4 digit PIN number
If you have forgotten your PIN and have an email address registered on your account you can re-set your PIN online.
If you do not have an email address registered on your account or have any queries please Contact the Library.
Renewing by either of our Apps
Spydus Mobile App:
If you use Spydus Mobile App, select 'My Account' and go to 'Current Loans' and you can select the items you wish to renew. By clicking 'renew' for each title you will either renew the item, or be alerted if the item cannot be renewed.
If you are responsible for a child account, within My Account you can also see a section 'Child Loans' and if you select this you will also be able to select items and renew these, or be alerted if they cannot be renewed.
Gloucestershire Library App
Select Account and you will see the items you have on loan. You have the option to select the items or 'renew all'.
If you wish to manage additional library accounts via this app you can choose too add accounts.
Contact the Library
If you are not able to renew online or via the apps, please Contact the Library and a member of the team will be pleased to help.
In order to adhere to Government guidance, only visit the library to return items if you are already making an essential visit to the library.
You can return items to any Gloucestershire Library. Most libraries (apart from Gloucester, Up Hatherley, Hesters Way, Bourton and Winchcombe) have drop boxes to return items when the library is closed.