Why we need volunteers
We are looking for volunteers of all ages to help out in a range of different roles. From helping with children's activities, to delivering books, offering digital help and even improving our library gardens. See our wide range of volunteer roles. Some do short-term projects, and some stay for years! You can read more about the different roles and the experiences of some of our volunteers below.
How to apply
Apply online or call in at your local library for more details. We will contact you after we receive your application to arrange an interview. Your personal information will remain confidential.
Take the completed form and signed Volunteer Agreement to your local library.
- Libraries Community Outreach Volunteer Job Role
- Home Education Group Volunteer Job Role
- Life Changes Group Facilitator Volunteer Job Role
- Innovation & Digital Making Volunteer Job Role
- Local & Family History Support Volunteer Job Role
- Stow-on-the-Wold Visitor Information Centre Volunteer Job Role
- Nailsworth Library Self Service Volunteer Job Role
What is it like to volunteer in a library?