Gloucestershire Climate Change Summit 2019
Thank you to everyone who responded to our Climate Change consultation. Results will be published in Winter 2019.
Gloucestershire County Council jointly hosted a Climate Change Summit on 21 May with GFirst Local Enterprise Partnership, welcoming feedback from public, private and community sectors.
An audience of around 120 passionate and innovative people from across the county joined the discussion at the University of Gloucestershire last month to talk about taking action on climate change.
The summit welcomed speakers from a variety of different points of view, including representatives from the planning, infrastructure, and construction industries, Public Health, young people and sustainable energy experts.
The day looked at how everyone in the county can contribute to creating a sustainable future, calling on communities to help deliver the ambitions of the Gloucestershire Sustainable Energy Strategy. As a result of the discussions the county council will be updating their Climate Change Strategy for the county.
Here are the slides from the event presentations. These accompany the notes document.
Please note, the slide pack document with all slides in is very large and will take time to download. Alternatively you can view or download the different sections for slides you are interested in:
What are the next steps?
- We have published a summary report of the summit and presentation slides
- We will be producing a community engagement plan, so everyone can join in the conversation on this issue
- We have set up a youth panel to inform the county’s actions. The first Youth Climate Panel meeting took place on 21st September 2019 and minutes will be available shortly. We are pleased to be working with 40 young people aged 16 - 25 years on developing our Climate Change Strategy.
- We will be using the feedback from the event to rewrite our county council Climate Change Strategy, and we held a consultation over the summer.
- We need to be bold with our local planning and we will discuss with partners the best way to challenge the limitations set by central government - read more here
Email contact for this project: firstname.lastname@example.org