What can you do?
Ever wondered how you can help fight climate change? Find out more about what you can do below.
- Can you choose to eat products that are locally produced to reduce food miles?
- Can you cut down on your meat and dairy consumption? Some cattle and dairy farming practices are responsible for a large number of ammonia emissions, which cause pollution not only in the air but to surface and ground waters.
- Can you use alternative heating options to avoid burning wood or waste?
- Can you switch energy suppliers, to those who use renewable energy sources and do not support the fracking of natural gas?
- Can you support your local wildlife and protect green spaces, supporting tree planting and biodiversity? Plants can improve air quality on a local level by removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, converting this and emitting oxygen.
- Can you support clean air legislation? Keep an eye on local developments and policy changes that are focused on air pollution.
Clean air hub
Whether you want to learn more about what air pollution is, how it affects your health, what you can do to protect yourself from it and the action you can take to tackle it. The clean air hub website has got everything you need.
From a personal air pollution calculator, to news and updates, the clean air hub has brought together lots of information about what you can do to tackle climate change.