Action taken by Gloucestershire Constabulary
Find out more about the environmental management and carbon neutral by 2025 case studies below.
- Environmental management
- Carbon neutral (net zero) by 2025
- Keen to be green with regional charging machines
- Going for gold in green awards
- More recognition for PCSS plan for green approach to policing
- Largest fully electric police fleet in UK charged up by Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Gloucestershire Constabulary gets the fully charged treatment
Gloucestershire Constabulary recognises the need for the principles of responsible environmental management and sustainable development to become a fundamental part of our day-to-day activities and our future strategic planning
In order to attain a recognised standard we have established an Environmental Management System that is implemented and maintained in accordance with the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 14001 Environmental Standard.
We have put procedures in place for:
- Waste Management
- Disposal of Hazardous Waste
- Disposal of Medical Waste
- Oil delivery
- Oil spills
- Environmental Complaints
There is still so much we can do but examples of the changes made are:
- Good waste segregation and an increased amount of recycling
- Procurement Strategies adopted which take into account the Environmental implications of the products and services being provided
- Purchasing of recyclable supplies
- Energy saving initiatives
- Poster campaigns to raise awareness
In order to maintain our ISO Certification it is imperative that we continually make improvements to our environmental commitment. The Force is externally audited and re-certificated every three years.
As the fifth largest employer in Gloucestershire we are seeking to have a positive influence on all our stakeholders and the environment. Our commitment to acting responsibly impacts all aspects of our business. From providing good valued service, to working in close partnership with other agencies and supporting the communities of which we are a part.