Advice for businesses on flooding
You can create a flood plan; it does not need to be detailed or complex. Many of the actions you can take are simple but effective.
Flood plan actions
Actions may include:
- Making a list of all organisations and individuals you deal with, including their contact details. Keep a list at work and at one other safe location
- If you use databases and other computer applications, back them up regularly and keep the back copies in at least one other safe location
- Consider how you might operate temporarily from another location
- Keep details of your machinery and contents so that replacements can be ordered quickly
- Take notes of all the actions you take and expenses incurred to assist you with your insurance claim
Gloucestershire LRF (business continuity) plans help your business safeguard against the problems caused by major incidents, such as flooding.