Skip to content

Financial Help

Below are the ways in which you can seek financial help if you are affected by flooding.


Contact your insurer for details on how they can help you if you are affected by flooding. If you do not have insurance, speak to your district council or the Citizens Advice Bureau to find out if alternative support is available.

Flood Re

Flood Re is a joint initiative between the Insurance Industry and the Government. It aims to bring more affordable insurance to those who suffer from or are at risk of flooding. They do this by reimbursing insurance companies for flooding claims.

For more information on Flood Re and to find out how to determine whether your property or business qualifies visit the Flood Re website.

Back to main flood guide

Page updated: 29/11/2022 Page updated by: Flooding Team

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.