Skip to content

Flood protection for your home

If your house is at risk of flooding, or has flooded in the past, there are steps you can take to reduce the damage flooding can cause.

It is your responsibility to protect your property from flooding.

Sandbags in an emergency

If sandbags need to be used in an emergency, you can purchase sandbags and sand from most hardware stores or builders’ merchants.

District councils have different policies on providing sandbags; visit your local district council's website to view their sandbag policy:

Back to main flood guide

Page updated: 04/12/2020 Page updated by: Flooding Team

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.