Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our flooding FAQs.
- What is the county council's role in flood risk management?
- My house has been flooded and I can’t find affordable insurance, is there anything I can do?
- A local watercourse has become blocked, who do I call to remove the blockage?
- How can I check if flooding has occurred at my property in the past?
- What does GCC provide for flood prevention?
- Do we build on flood plains?
- What is a 1-in-100 year flood risk?
It is the landowners’ responsibility to ensure watercourses do not block so contact them if you know who they are.
If it is an ordinary watercourse and you don’t know who the landowners are or the blockage still has not been fixed then contact your local district or borough council, for those living in Gloucester City contact Gloucestershire County Council on 01452 425000 or email mailto:FloodRiskManagement@gloucestershire.gov.uk
On Main Rivers the Environment Agency may be able to help and blockages can be reported by calling the incident hotline 24 hours a day on 0800 80 70 60.
If you are unsure of who to contact please contact GCC and we will be happy to help.