Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions


Below are some of our flooding FAQs.

It is the landowners’ responsibility to ensure watercourses do not block so contact them if you know who they are.

If it is an ordinary watercourse and you don’t know who the landowners are or the blockage still has not been fixed then contact your local district or borough council, for those living in Gloucester City contact Gloucestershire County Council on 01452 425000 or email

On Main Rivers the Environment Agency may be able to help and blockages can be reported by calling the incident hotline 24 hours a day on 0800 80 70 60.
If you are unsure of who to contact please contact GCC and we will be happy to help.

Back to main flood guide

Page updated: 29/11/2022 Page updated by: Flooding Team

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.